The Mace Pepper Gel Maritime is an ideal personal defense product for personal defense on boats – whether on the water or docked at a marina – because the thick formula limits the chance of it blowing back, or away from the assailant in windy conditions. The Mace Pepper Gel Home defense contains 330 grams and empties in 6 seconds, with an effective range of up to 25 feet. This model features a pistol grip handle with safety pin that prevents accidental discharge.
Mace pepper gel, the patent pending formula contains 1.4% capsaicinoid concentration suspended in a sticky gel, rather than the liquid of our regular Mace pepper spray. When pepper gel is dispersed, it covers the attacker. Some of the benefits of using pepper gel over pepper spray are:
- Conventional pepper sprays can normally reach up to approximately 15 feet, but Mace Pepper Gel sprays can reach a distance of up to 25 feet.
- The pepper gel has a stronger formula than a regular pepper spray. The pepper gel contains 1.4% capsaicinoid concentration, which is hotter than most pepper sprays on the market
- The gel sticks to the assailant’s face, prolonging the effects of the OC pepper
- The gel is less contaminating. Streaming pepper sprays can contaminate the surrounding area when used indoors like a home, mall or hospital and will take awhile to dissipate. The thick gel formula holds the active ingredients, so it fully affects an attacker without contaminating the surrounding area.
- The thick formulation reduces the chance of blowback if spraying outdoors in windy conditions.
- Pepper Gel is non-flammable
- Effects: The thick gel sticks to the assailant, delivering a strong dose of OC pepper. When hit in the face, the sticky gel will temporarily “blindfold” them. And upon direct contact with eyes, respiratory system and mucous membranes, the active ingredients in the pepper gel will cause eyes to slam shut, coughing, and an intense burning sensation to the skin. Effects should lessen in approximately 45 minutes.
- Safety: Keep out of reach of children. Follow the first aid instructions that were included with your unit if the pepper spray comes into contact with your skin. Contents under pressure. Do not puncture or incinerate.
- Storage: Store your Pepper Spray in cool dry area away from heat, flame or strong light. Do not store it in an environment where the temperature may exceed 120 degrees F (50 degrees C).such as an enclosed vehicle. The Pepper Spray cartridge may leak from over pressurization and fail to function properly. Do not store unit in a cold environment under 32 degrees F (0 degrees C). This may cause depressurization and the loss of effective range.
- Expiration: Pepper spray has a shelf life of 4 years from date of manufacture. Each pepper spray unit is labeled with an expiration date. After this date, the pepper spray cartridge should be disposed of in accordance with the environmental regulations in your area.